Capital Metro is proposing a new service, Route 111 South MoPac Flyer, which would run parallel to South MoPac and travel to Downtown and UT during the morning with return trips in the afternoon.
Neighborhood stops would be located along LaCrosse, Escarpment, Slaughter, Beckett, Convict Hill, and Brush Country. Limited parking would be available at Dick Nichols Park. Service would begin on June 10.
Last week, Capital Metro surveyed customers who park at Oak Hill Park & Ride at US 290 and William Cannon and ride Route 171. A few customers who reside in Westcreek expressed interest in the proposed Route 111 South Mopac Flyer due to its proximity.
Please take the following customer survey to voice your opinion: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/capmetro111
Capital Metro staff might also be available to attend a future neighborhood meeting to provide additional information on the proposal and answer any questions. Please contact James Gamez if you have any questions.
Please see the following PDF for a news release from Capital Metro
The following was sent out by Alissa Schram, our Capital Metro representative.
The attached news release regarding Capital Metro’s ServicePlan 2020 was sent to the local news media this morning.
We have already begun gathering public feedback through an online survey:
Please share this information and the link with your communities.
In addition, you are invited to attend one of our upcoming five open house events scheduled to discuss all aspects of ServicePlan 2020.
Document #322740 is the news release, which includes dates/times/location for the open houses; #322741 is an appendix and includes all initial service change recommendations.
- DOCUMENT_RECORDS_MGT-#322740-v1-Aug_21_ServicePlan2020 (3.15 MB PDF)
- DOCUMENT_RECORDS_MGT-#322740-v1-Aug_21_ServicePlan2020 (3.20 MB PDF)
Capital Metro has started an initiative called “Service Plan 2020″ in which they are looking at revamping the entire Capital Metro system. They are currently gathering feedback from communities.
We’ve created this special section on our Web site to keep Westcreek neighbors informed with updates and information. If you have comments that you would like to share, please comment on the posts under this section.
Alissa Schram, a Cap Metro representative, came and presented to the Westcreek board at the meeting in June.
- Capital Metro Web site: http://www.capmetro.org/
- Service Plan 2020 Overview (287 KB PDF)
- Service Plan 2020 Summary (201 KB PDF)
- Adopt-a-Stop Program (218 KB PDF)
- KML Files for Google Maps/Google Earth: http://www.capmetro.org/riding/kml_files.asp
- Other map information: http://www.capmetro.org/gisdata/gisdata.asp
- Origin and Destination Study (92 KB PDF)
- CAMPO and City of Austin Demographic Information site: http://www.campotexas.org/pdfs/CAMPO%202035%20Growth%20Concept_07_516Revised.pdf
Have a suggestion?
If you'd like something added to this site, whether it's a new local business, current issue or upcoming event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.